Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Brooks Surgery

Brooks in his hospital gown. This picutre of course is before the procedure!
Today Brooks had to have tubes put in his ears. We had to be at the hospital a 6 this morning so we had to leave our house at 515. He slept the whole way and woke up when we got there. He was in a really good mood and was smiling at everyone. They put us in a room and a little before 7 they came in to get him, still smiling. After being gone about 10 min they called and told us they had started and he was doing fine. The Dr came in about 10-15min later and said he did well. Everyone kept warning us that they usually come back not happy at all. I thought tomyself Brooks is really laid back and he probably will be fine, bc he rarely meets a stranger. The nurse came to the door and said they just called and are bringing him over. I had the bottle ready and she said well I do not hear him and I thought to myself I knew he was going to be good! Boy was I wrong bc 5 seconds later I could hear him screaming his lungs out like I had never heard before. The lady handed him to me and he was kicking and screaming and I could do nothing to calm him down. He did not want his bottle and nothing I did seemed to soothe him. Michael and I both had no clue what to do. After about 15 min he calmed down a little and drank some of his bottle and then they let us go. He has been perfect since we left. We got home about 9 and put him in his bed and he slept until 12!! Yay momma and daddy both got a nap! Thanks for all of you who prayed for our sweet baby. He is back to his happy little self now and in to everything. The nurses and doctors were wonderful and they all assured us that they were going to take great care of our little boy.

1 comment:

  1. I've been checking out your blog from Lauren's, and I just now learned how to follow people from mine (haha!) Brooks is too cute and growing up so fast!! Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete